Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Behind?...



Well I've been back on the patch for a week now and compared to other patchers, I'm behind. But by how much am i ACTUALLY behind... relatively speaking, compared to my previous years' tallies come Chiffchaff arrival time? I mean I used to try to get the ton before the first migrant arrived, which this year I have clearly come nowhere close...fine. Thing is, got me thinking bout what I'd usually have got by now, wheter I'll get them in the second winter period, or whether they're true losses to the year list.

My conclusion? This lot should still be fairly easily gettable...

Fieldfare, Redwing, Lesser Redpoll, Bittern, Goldeneye, Tawny Owl, Stonechat, Linnet, Golden Plover, Green Sandpiper, Common Sandpiper, Kingfisher, Raven, Peregrine, Grey Wagtail, Water Rail, Wigeon, Siskin, Sparrowhawk, Redshank  20 spp

This lot maybe a little trickier...

Iceland Gull, Glaucous Gull, Goosander, LEO, Woodcock, Jack Snipe, Ringed Plover, Pink-footed Goose, Med Gull  9 spp.

... and this lot... be lucky...

Waxwing, Meally Redpoll, Brambling


SO looking on the bright side, if I recoup the first batch I'm on 95 equivalent and if i get half the second batch, i'm pretty close to my ton...had I started january 1st.

OK... happy with that...PLUS apart from the three  Sacred Ibises... don't think I've missed much, though the fact that there are still a couple of juvenile Iceland Gulls knocking about (3rd April) means I'll be checking the pools over the next couple of days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment