Friday, February 01, 2013

Creative Projects...



As some of you may know, me and the geo-environmental engineer (or should that be the geo-environmental engineer and I?) love our Steampunk... oh yes we do... and so we have both embarked on steampunk-esque creative projects... with a birdy bent. I figured, therefore, that I may, from time to time, share with you our progress. Look at it as a kind of breather from all things list-y.

So, picture if you will a Victorian drawing room with rows of scuffed, leather-bound books, stuffed birds in glass cases, potted palms, strange brass devices littering mahogany tables, grandfather clocks and old, brown worn Chesterfield armchairs and you'll probably get an idea about what our ideal place might look like... and what better place could there be (apart from maybe a museum) for a Dodo skeleton. I give you...creative project No.1.


The geo-environmental engineer... above... is intent on creating one. How? you might ask... from the bones of a Flamingo, is the answer. Watch this space...

In September we're going, of course, to the steampunk ball and crazy weekend at the Asylum in Lincoln. Whilst the geo-environmental engineer can knock up a Tim Burton-esque bustled ball gown in the wink of an eye (she's quite the seamstress)... I'm not so good with a needle and thread.... and to be honest, I kinda want gadgetry. Whilst lots of steampunkers have impressive backpack gadgetry...


...I want something a little more spectacular and so I give you, creative project No.2.


I have decided to incorporate into my backpack a set of articulated, mechanical wings based on da Vinci's flying machine. Yes, Sir ! Let the madness begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment